Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
1) Create a new project in NoodleTools where you can track your citations and take notes.
2) Brainstorm some keywords to use when you search; ie. " LGBTQ AND youth AND homelessness".
3) Search the databases and websites listed below.
4) Set up a Google alert for your topic / keywords (https://www.google.com/alerts)
5) If you need to access a database from off-campus, use the usernames and passwords listed below each one
Primary and secondary source material for historical research
Archive of scholarly journal articles
Database of current magazines and newspapers
U.S. History in Context
Provides an overview of our nation's past, covering the most-studied events, decades, conflicts, wars, political and cultural movements, and people.
World Book Encyclopedia
Online Reference Center including World Atlas, Dictionary, World Book Kids, World Book Advanced, and Spanish Language Encyclopedia
Use this worksheet to help annotate and evaluate your sources.
Related eBook Titles in Our Collection
Related Titles in NWS Collection
Steal This Country by
Call Number: 320 STY
Publication Date: 2018-09-04
Hope Nation by
Call Number: 158.1 HOP
Publication Date: 2018-02-27
How I Resist by
Call Number: 320 HOW
Publication Date: 2018-05-15
A Burst of Light by
Call Number: 814 LOR
Publication Date: 2017-09-13